Service Financial Model
The Service Financial Model is a fully-functioning financial model for Excel and other spreadsheet programs for a service business, allowing to:
- Get Instantly – The model is available instantly after purchase; you will get an email with the file.
- Input your most important assumptions – Start using the model by inputting the most important assumptions, and the model will create a set of projections instantly.
- Refine your Forecast – After you have input your most important assumptions, go into the detailed assumptions to fine-tune your model. All formulas are open and editable, and thus the model can be customized further by changing how certain calculations are performed, and you can add in calculations for items specific to your business. In this way, the model is easy enough for someone with no knowledge of spreadsheet modeling to use, but can be infinitely customized with knowledge of Excel and financial mechanics.
- Create detailed revenue model.
- Create funding estimates.
- Create detailed expense forecasts broken down by cost of goods sold (COGS) and selling, general and administrative (SG&A) costs.
- Create cash flow and income statements, balance sheet and main ratios, NPV evaluation and Financial Summary.
- Understand your Forecasts – The model automatically creates summaries and graphs of key financial and operational metrics to understand what they say about your business, and use them for pitch and presentation materials.
- Need Help? – We also provide e-mail customer support for free to answer questions on how to use the model, explaining the structure and its results.
Depending on how you choose to use the model, it can be a template or a tool to make decision about business starting. It can be a “plug-and-play” template, allowing you to enter the assumptions particular to your kind of business, and the model will calculate your complete forecasts automatically. If you’re looking to evaluate and understand your business, it’s likely that this is all you need.
If you need a complete business plan package – Service Business Plan Template.
HOW DOES IT WORK
This model will help you to estimate your costs and profitability if you intend to start-up this kind of business.
The Financial Model uses a mix of assumptions to estimate all revenue and cost line-items monthly over a flexible seven year period, and then sums the monthly results into quarters and years for an easy view into the various time periods. For all inputs, you can easily set the start date and year for key decisions and the model adjusts automatically.
The model uses the assumptions you input and combines them with your cost projections to create a set of financial statements, consisting of cash flow, income statement, and balance sheet, allowing you to build a complete financial model.
Flexibility to forecast all cost items. Initial, selling, administrative, and all operational costs can be estimated with ease. Streamlined capitalization table lets you plan out financing rounds that flow into the model automatically.
Type in the role, the salary, and when to hire, and the model computes your hiring plan and salary projections automatically. Flexible enough to fit company of any size, with customization.
All Financial Statements and resulting tables, including Profit&Loss, Cash Flow, Balance Sheet, Main Ratios and Summary, are ready to print.
Model focuses on cash flow, using the revenue and expense forecasts to model your cash burn and cash on hand at all times.
Income statement and balance sheet focuses on just what matters, aggregating the potential revenue models, cash flow, and detailed financials into a simple, easy to use set of simple statements.